India’s armed forces have given the green signal to the government to use the video footage of the surgical strikes against terror camps in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) in any manner it sees fit to make New Delhi’s case.
The final decision on this rests with the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO).
Top army officers, speaking off record, said that the army is keen that India releases evidence that will answer those alleging the strikes never happened.
This recommendation was made in the wake of Pakistan’s military establishment persistently claiming that the September 29 predawn strikes never happened.
Weighing Pakistan response to move
Since then, some Opposition politicians in India, including Aam Aadmi Party’s Arvind Kejriwal and Congress’ Sanjay Nirupam, have asked for ‘proof ’ of the strikes.
The army, its top strategists said, has ample evidence to show the cross-border strikes were highly effective. There’s video footage as well as photographs, shot by both ground troops and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) that were deployed to monitor the operation.