The Indian Air Force (IAF) has announced the examination dates of the Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT 2017).
As per schedule, the examination will be held on Sunday, February 26, 2017.
- AFCAT is conducted for both men and women is conducted for grant of Short Service Commission in Flying Branch and Permanent/ Short Service Commission in Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non-technical) Branches for the session commencing in January 2017
- AFCAT is only one of the steps involved in the entire selection process for getting selected as an officer in the IAF
- On clearing the AFCAT, shortlisted candidates will be called for SSB (Services Selection Board) testing
All the eligible candidates are requested to apply through prescribed format latest by December 29, 2016.
All the candidates interested in applying need to possess a Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university/institute with minimum 60 per cent and should have passed Mathematics and Physics at intermediate (class 12)
Candidates need to possess a Bachelor of Engineering (BE) / BTech or should have cleared section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised university/institute.
All the candidates should be in the age group of 20 to 24 years as on January 1, 2017.
For details on Technical Branch (Aeronautical Engineer-Electronics) programme, candidates need to check the official notification at http://careerairforce.nic.in
How to apply:
Candidates need to apply online by clicking HERE
The total duration of the examination is two hours.
Each question paper will have questions from the following topics:
- General Awareness: History, Sports, Geography, Environment, Civics, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Current Affairs, Politics etc.
- Verbal Ability in English: Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary.
- Numerical Ability: Decimal Fraction, Simplification, Average, Profit & loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple interest.
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test: Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
Last date of submission of online application form: Thursday, December 29, 2016.
Date of AFCAT: Sunday, February 26, 2017.