Combined Defence Services Exam is a Written Exam conducted by UPSC Twice Every Year generally in the month of February and December.Through CDSE, One can Join Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy or Air Force Academy. Only Unmarried Graduates are eligible to apply for CDS Exams. Candidates with B.Sc in Physics and Mathematics or B.Tech can apply for CDSE and Candidates with Graduate Degree from anyotherRecogized University can apply for IMA/OTA.
Only Unmarried Graduates are eligible to apply for CDS Exams. Candidates with B.Sc in Physics and Mathematics or B.tech can apply for CDSE and Candidates with Graduate Degree from any other Recognized University can apply for IMA/OTA. Women Candidates can apply for Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy or Air Force Academy.
The Age Limit for Applying for CDS Exams are as Follows:
For Indian Military Academy: 19-24 Years
For Officer Training Academy: 19-25 Years
For Indian Naval Academy: 19-25 Years
For Air Force Academy: 19-24 Years
After Clearing CDS Exam, One has to go through SSB and then Medical.Youth candidate clears medical, thy have top wait for their names in Merit List.
The Resul for CDS Exam come up one week before the Notification of Next Exam.
Here are 10 Tips to help you clear CDS Exam in One Go:
- English is the Most Scoring Subject. Avoid Error Finding Questions as they are the biggest contributor to negative markings.
- English Paper is much easier in comparison to GK and Mathematics
- For IMA, you need 120 marks
- Try Solving Previous Years Exam Papers
- Only Attempt Questions you are sure you know Answers of.Many Candidates don’t make the cut because they attempted questions they didn’t know and that contributes to negative marking.
- Get Updated with Current Affairs and latest happenings.Most of GK part comes from Current Affairs
- For Maths, Make sure you have all your concepts clear.The Questions asked will be of Elementary Level but their difficulty will be high.
- Almost 40% of Math Paper is summoned up in Geometry and mensuration.Focus on them the most.After that, you can move to other topics like Algebra, HCF/LCM etc.
- Don’t rely on GK for making the Cut. It is the Mathematics and English Paper that will help you make the Cut.
- Remeber Multiplication Table till 25.If you can’t, Then remember till 15 and of 25.
- Speed is the key.Do not waste your time thinking you might know the answer to that question and waste your time drooling over it. Just skip that question and go to next one.Come back if you have time left.
- If you have the exam in next few days, Don’t study something new. revise what you have learnt till now
- Attempt logical questions with clear minds. These Questions are made to Trick you. Think Clearly.