UPSC has released Notification for CAPF Assistant Commandant examination inviting applicants to apply and become officers in various Paramilitary Forces. Central Armed Police Forces Assistant Commandant Examination (CAPF AC) is a well-anticipated exam among aspirants who are interested in joining paramilitary forces. The exam gives an opportunity for graduates to become Officers in Border Security Force (BSF), Central Armed Police Forces ( CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) and Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
CAPF AC Exam is conducted once every year with notification out in April and examination in August but the exam was postponed this year due to COVID 19. As per the new dates, CAPF AC exam is now scheduled to be conducted on 20th December 2020.
ALSO READ: CDS 2 2020 Notification Out! All You Need To Know
We have broken down all the necessary information that an aspirant needs to know before applying for UPSC CAPF AC Examination. If you already aware of it and want to apply directly, CLICK HERE
TOTAL NO. OF VACANCIES FOR CAPF AC EXAM
- Border Security Force (BSF): 78
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF): 13
- Central Industrial Security Force(CISF): 69
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP): 27
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB): 22
- Total Vacancies: 209
ELIGIBILITY FOR UPSC CAPF AC
- Citizen of India, or
- Subject of Nepal, or
- Subject of Bhutan.
(b) Age Limit:
- An aspirant must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August 2020, i.e. he/she must have been and not later than 1st August 2000.
- The upper age limit(25 years) prescribed above will be relaxable:
(i) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
(ii) upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
(iii) upto a maximum of five years for Civilian Central Government Servants in accordance with the existing instructions of the Central Government. Ex-Servicemen will also be eligible for this relaxation. However, the total relaxation claimed on account of Government Service will be limited to five years.
Both Male and Female aspirants are eligible to apply. Vacancies are open to both male and female aspirants.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS CAPF AC Exam
- Graduation: Aspirants with Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University in any stream are eligible to apply.
- Students in Final Year/Semester can also apply provided the proof of passing the examination should be dated earlier than the due date of Detailed Application Form (which is filled during the Interview/Personality Test sometime around April-May 2021).
- There is no percentage bar on graduation. Anyone with any percentage can apply as long as they have graduated/will be graduating.
IMPORTANT UPSC CAPF AC DATES
- Date of Notification/Beginning of Application:18th August 2020
- Closing of Application/Last Date to Apply: 7th September 2020 by 6:00 PM
- Date of commencement of Exam/Exam Date: 20th December 2020
- CAPF AC Written Exam Result: February 2021 (tentative)
- CAPF AC Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Standard Test: March 2021 (tentative)
- CAPF AC Physical Test Result: April 2021 (tentative)
- CAPF AC Interview/personality test: May 2020 (tentative)
- CAPF AC Final Result: June 2021 (tentative)
DOCUMENTS NEEDED BEFORE APPLYING
Before starting the application process, have the following documents with you as will be needing them for completing the CAPF AC application process.
- Photo ID Card ( Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government). This photo ID will be used for all future reference related to CAPF and the candidate is advised to carry this ID while appearing for examination/Personality Test. Choose this ID card carefully.
- Scanned copy of the above Photo ID Card in PDF form.
- Scanned Passport Size Photo (Take a clear picture with your camera)
- Scanned Signature (Put down your signature on clean white paper and take a clear picture of it)
- Have an online payment method(Debit Card) ready. One can apply offline too but Online is much more recommended.
WHERE TO APPLY
The CAPF AC Application Process is divided into 2 parts. Part 1 includes filing basic details like Name, Qualification, Priority, Payment etc. Part 2 includes uploading documents (Picture, Signature and Photo ID PDF)
Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in. We have created a direct link for you.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR UPSC CAPF AC-Part 1
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR UPSC CAPF AC-Part 2
CAPF AC EXAM SCHEME
The CAPF AC exam is unique in the sense that the exam has an MCQ component as well as a written component. The exam consists of two papers as detailed below:
Paper-I: General Ability and Intelligence – 250 Marks (2hr)
The questions in this paper will be of Objective (MCQ) Type on an OMR sheet using black ballpoint pen in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi. Questions will be from Current Affairs, General Knowlege, Reasoning and aptitude(detailed syllabus below).
Paper-II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension – 200 Marks (3hr)
This paper is to test the general knowledge, language and grammar skill of the Applicant. The answers will need to be written by hand and you have to use Black Ball Pen to write down your answers. There will be word limit and aspirants should write down in the prescribed word limits. Since the answer in this paper will be checked manually , words exceeding the limit will simply be ignored.
Aspirants will be given the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications/ language skills will be English only. There will be a separate sheet given for precis writing.
SYLLABUS OF THE EXAMINATION FOR CAPF AC Exam
Paper-I: General Ability and Intelligence:
The objective type questions with multiple choices in this paper will broadly cover the following areas:
- General Mental Ability: The questions will be designed to test the logical reasoning, quantitative aptitude including numerical ability, and data interpretation.
- General Science: The questions will be set to test general awareness, scientific temper, comprehension and appreciation of scientific phenomena of everyday observation including new areas of importance like Information Technology, Biotechnology, Environmental Science.
- Current Events of National and International Importance: The questions will test the candidates’ awareness of current events of national and international importance in the broad areas of culture, music, arts, literature, sports, governance, societal and developmental issues, industry, business, globalisation, and interplay among nations.
- Indian Polity and Economy: The questions shall aim to test candidates’ knowledge of the Country’s political system and the Constitution of India, social systems and public administration, economic development in India, regional and international security issues and human rights including its indicators.
- History of India: The questions will broadly cover the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. This shall also include the areas of growth of nationalism and freedom movement.
- Indian and World Geography: The questions shall cover the physical, social and economic aspects of geography pertaining to India and the World.
Paper-II: General Studies, Essay and Comprehension:
This exam will be written by hand and is to test an aspirant’s grasp on language, grammar and on General Knowledge. The exam has 2 parts:
Part-A – Essay questions which are to be answered in long narrative form either in Hindi or English totalling 80 Marks. The indicative topics are modern Indian history especially of the freedom struggle, geography, polity and economy, knowledge of security and human rights issues, and analytical ability.
Part-B – Comprehension, précis writing, other communications/language skills – to be attempted in English only (Marks 120) – The topics are Comprehension passages, précis writing, developing counter arguments, simple grammar and other aspects of language testing.
We at Zittara.com strongly advice you to apply as soon as possible and not wait for the last day. Reason being that there is a limit on a number of applicants allotted to each of the exam centres. Allotment of Centres will be on the first-apply-first-allot basis and once the capacity of a particular Centre is attained, the same will be frozen. Applicants, who cannot get a centre of their choice due to the ceiling, will be required to choose a Centre from the remaining ones. Applicants are, thus, advised that they may apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice.
We will further be making posts about the election process of the UPSC CAPF AC Examination. Bookmark our website and subscribe to our newsletter to get regular updates. If you have any queries regarding registration or examination, feel free to CONTACT US.
1 thought on “CAPF Assistant Commandant Notification Out! All You Need To Know”