UPSC had released the notification for CDS 2 2020 on 5th August 2020 inviting candidates to apply for CDS Exam and become officers in Indian Armed Forces. CDS 2 2020 Examination is to be held on 8th November 2020 and results likely to be declared in late December 2020.
We made a post regarding the exam on the day notification was issued and advised applicants to apply as soon as possible but still, a lot of candidates were waiting for last day or may have forgotten about the exam and this Article is a wake call to them.
Today that is 25th August is the last day to apply for CDS 2 2020 BEFORE 6 PM.
Here is a short summary of things you should know about CDS 2 2020:
(A) IMPORTANT CDS 2 2020 DATES:
Date of Notification/Beginning of Application: 5th August 2020
Closing of Application/Last Date to Apply: 25th August 2020 by 6:00 PM
Date of commencement of Exam/Exam Date: 8th November 2020
Written Exam Result: December 2020
(B) DOCUMENTS NEEDED BEFORE APPLYING
Before starting the application process, have the following documents with you as will be needing them for completing the CDS 2 2020 application process.
- Photo ID Card ( Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government). This photo ID will be used for all future reference related to CDS 2 2020 and the candidate is advised to carry this ID while appearing for examination/Personality Test/SSB. Choose this ID card carefully.
- Scanned copy of the above Photo ID Card in PDF form.
- Scanned Passport Size Photo (Take a clear picture with your camera)
- Scanned Signature (Put down your signature on clean white paper and take a clear picture of it)
- Have an online payment method(Debit Card) ready. One can apply offline too but Online is much more recommended.
(C) WHERE TO APPLY
The CDS 2 2020 Application Process is divided into 2 parts. Part 1 includes filing basic details like Name, Qualification, Priority, Payment etc. Part 2 includes uploading documents (Picture, Signature and Photo ID PDF)
Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in. We have created a direct link for you.
(D) Age Limits:
1. Indian Military Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1997 and not later than 1st July 2002.
2. Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1997 and not later than 1st July 2002.
3. Air Force Academy: 20 to 24 years as on 1st July 2021 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July 1997 and not later than 1st July 2001.
4. Officers’ Training Academy (Men): Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1996 and not later than 1st July 2002 only are eligible.
5. Officers’ Training Academy (Women): Unmarried women born not earlier than 2nd July 1996 and not later than 1st July 2002.
(E) EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS CDS 2 2020
1. Indian Military Academy and Officers’ Training Academy: Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
2. For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
3. For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
There is no percentage bar on graduation. Anyone with any percentage can apply as long as they have graduated/will be graduating.
Graduates with the first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation/provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview.
Students in Final Year/Semester can also apply provided they should not have any present backlog up to the last semester/year for which results have been declared up to the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of commencement of course(2021). Students who have a backlog but will clear it before SSB Interview can apply.
(F) NO. OF VACANCIES FOR CDS 2 2020
1. Indian Military Academy, Dehradun— 100 [including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders]
151 (Direct Entry) Course commencing in July 2021
2. Officers’ Training Academy(Men), Chennai: 169
114th SSC (Non-Techincal)Course commencing in October 2021
3. Officers’ Training Academy(Women), Chennai: 17
28th SSC Women (Non-Techincal) Course commencing in October 2021
4. Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala: 26 [including 06 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Naval Wing) holders ]
Course commencing in July 2021 Executive (General Service)/Hydro
5. Air Force Academy, Hyderabad: 32 [including 03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Air Wing) holders]
No. 210 F(P) Course(Pre-Flying) commencing in July 2021